Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2009

Hindsight is 20/20

In February of this year (2009), I was laid off. Boruch HaShem, I was able to locate a temporary position extremely close to my house. Supposed to only last 1-2 months, the time keeps extending. Only now, looking back over that time, can I see what a blessing it was.

Over the past year, we were zoche to bring our babies home from the hospital and the going has not only been easy. My son has been in and out (mostly out) of the hospital with in-patient treatments, surgeries, and extended stays in rehab centers. Although leaving work also means losing out on money - as a temp employee I get paid by the hour so no work = no pay - it also means I have the flexability to take off as I see fit as long as I also get the job done. A "real" position would have meant that I cannot go over my alloted vacation/holiday/sick days.

Although health insurance is still a big question, overall, I have enjoyed the time I've speant at the place of employment where I've been. I guess it is true....hindsight is 20/20 and, more importantly, HaShem knows what He is doing when He causes events to occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment